Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Funny Line

I've been browsing through an old book of poetry I wrote in 2003 when I was really depressed , and didn't get along with anyone.

I know it's sad, but I think this line is funny too:

"Life is so terrible. So life is like a box of chocolates, only, someone has eaten them all except for the ones I don't like."

I sound kind of spoiled, some kids don't have food or their parents hurt them, at least I had a home to live in and no responsibilities. I think I realized this even then, and it only made me sadder to know that I wasn't enjoying life.

2 comments:

june said...

Aw. That's sad. Sometimes I feel bad for taking my life for granted too.. but just because other people's lives are a million times worse doesn't mean ours don't suck sometimes or have our own pain or frustration. You know, I've never seen Forest Gump... but with the box of chocolate line, I should watch it sometime. Poetry is cool... roses are red, violets are blue, and MattieDuckie needs a cup of 'brew. :D

Matt said...

That's right!